Monday, November 09, 2009

Halifax, Kaslo, and the Super Secret Project


We're back from a brief but lovely trip to Halifax to celebrate my Mom's birthday. My Uncle and cousin as well as my honourary Aunt had flown out to help celebrate as well, so everyone got to meet Griffin, which was super great.

He absolutely loved being at the party, being surrounded by people and passed around. He was babbling like crazy all that night and the next day. "Blah ba ba ba abla ba ba." I guess that's what a big crowd of people sounds like to him. Pretty cute to hear him starting to express himself in new ways.

And of course we all loved meeting the newest addition to the family - Kaslo - named after the very small town in BC where my Mom was born. She's a sweety, for sure.

And now that I have finally gifted it, I can show you what I've been working on for the last couple of months. It was a top secret project, so I haven't even hinted about it, but I did get a little bit of work done in my spare time. I made my first full-size quilt! It was a lot of work, but luckily for me I am blessed with a short memory for hard work. Pretty soon, it will take on this rosy sort of glow, and I'll think, "that wasn't so bad, I should totally make another one!" (Just like babies, I imagine, though I'm not totally there yet!)

Anyway, I didn't get a full-size open picture of it, but this gives you an idea. It's very colourful! On the back, I appliqued some hearts with embroidery written on them (things like the date, and FOR MY MOTHER and WITH LOVE.) It's far from perfect, but I think it turned out pretty well. And yup... already it seems like a lot of fun. (But not babies yet - sorry Mom!)

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

The quilt looks amazing! Do you have any pictures of it all spread out? Well done! :)

Anonymous said...

yeay, we're back online! I have recovered from my amazing week of birthday celebrations - my quilt is beautiful and amazing and it gives very sound naps! Thank you, thank you, Lauren - I love it. See you soon. ETQAB XOXO M/J/G & EKMY and fish ;)