Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Waving Hello to Old Friends


Ah yes, Fall is well and truly upon us. We had a day last week when we bundled up baby (pictured) and lit a fire in the woodstove. It was lovely, like greeting an old friend.

Speaking of old friends, the rose I planted when we first arrived in Nova Scotia is blooming once again. Every year the poor little plant puts out exactly one rose on a long, spindly stem. I love this rose very much, but I'm afraid I don't show my love very well. In fact it survives every year with no help at all from me, so it always feels like something of a miracle when I see that flower finally arrive. And it smells like heaven, too.

And speaking of roses, I got this gorgeous fabric (pictured, bottom half of the bag) for $3.00/metre last time we went to the amazing fabric store in Avonport. I made up this little lined bag for Sarah, for her birthday, and cut out enough to make one for myself, too, since I thought it was so pretty! Plus I still have almost a metre left to play with.

And speaking of play (how do you like my segues?) Jai has got a bowl full of tops turned. Most of them are going out as wholesale orders, but I plan on adding a couple of sets to our Etsy store when I finally get to a shop update. Soon...very soon. I'm thinking once we have a couple more things ready, I will announce it, and do them all together. We've got some interesting things on the go, of which I will write more soon.

For now, though, I will wave goodbye! We've been trying to teach Griffin how to wave, but it's not quite working, just yet.

No comments: