Sunday, November 30, 2008

Breaking out the Big News

Hello! I'm back, as promised, with another update.
It's been another busy work week for me, making two custom boxes, as well as working my regular shifts at the cabinet shop and a surprise shift at the post office. Above is a pic of one of the recently completed boxes, and below are some of the new books I made to take to our Christmas show.
I tried out some smaller, coptic bound books to make it so we could have a broader price range, and I am really happy with them. I met a professional bookbinder at the show who said he would show me how to do endbands if I look him up next time I'm in Halifax, so that was pretty exciting, as I tried to figure it out on my own from a photo of a finished endband, and had mixed results.
Jai was busy, too, but he did make time to begin to finish our renovations on our library/living space. We started this ages ago - actually, this is the first room we started when we moved in - and we are both really looking forward to having it done. The ceiling and the way that the walls will attach to the dining room have been holding us back, ever since we took the wall down to have the woodstove put in. Anyway, we still haven't totally figured out how we're going to solve some of the problems, but at some point, you just have to begin. So we cleared the room out, sealed it off, and Jai finished taking the ceiling down.
And, saving the best for last...
The word is out, so I think it is safe for me to start writing about this...
Jai and I are having a baby at the beginning of May :) This is another reason for the less frequent posts, as I have been super ridiculously tired by the end of the day, most days. I'm definitely feeling better now, though (I can actually stay up past 10 o'clock again!) and really, I feel pretty lucky, as other than the exhaustion, so far I've gotten off pretty easy, compared to some of the stories I've heard! So that's it, that's our big news - probably the biggest news we'll ever have.

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

Yay! Yipee! Congratulations from Yarmouth!

The Mama said...

YAY! Rowyn is looking forward to meeting her cousin!

Our Family said...

Congrats to you guys! I'll pass on the info to Opa (if that's ok... let me know), he was wondering how things were with you guys since he hadn't heard anything in a while. I found it to be a very surreal experience... I'm so excited for you guys! XOXO Christie