Sunday, December 12, 2010

Lens Love- OLYMPUS ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-60mm f2.8-4 SWD LENS! (how's that for a mouthful!)


I had fun the other day experimenting with a new lens I just bought. Mostly that meant following Griffin around the house as he went about his day. Under the table, beside the fridge, up on the couch, under the table again. Barely still for even a second. It's a good test, though, I suppose!

I was going to try and photograph some little ducks that I knit for Griffin for Christmas, but he saw them in the window, and yelled "ducks!" He was so excited that he just had to show me.


He was so excited that he threw them in the air and bounced off the couch, and rolled under the table, where he proceeded to pull of his shoes, and announce "shoe!"

I did manage to get one nice close-up while he was engrossed in the singing animatronic mice my granda sent out a few years ago ("We Three Kings" as three mice who dance by bouncing up and down - it's his newest favourite thing. How many times do you think I have heard that in the last week?) I love that the photo is such a small part of his anatomy, but you can still tell exactly how old he is.

Anyway, turns out it's a lot easier to photograph a cat than a toddler.

2 comments:

monica said...

Sweet Lauren! I have camera envey, wish I could be playing along with you. The cat images looks like an image from a story book. Happy shooting. Your shutterbug friend :)

Anonymous said...

hi! love the pictures ... the picture of Jane would make a great jigsaw puzzle - maybe a bit frustrating but that's what makes it enjoyable! take care XO us