Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Hello All! Hope you are all well, and enjoying whatever weather is happening outside your window as you read this. We are in the middle of yet another big winter storm, dumping 15-30 cm. of snow and freezing rain. Jai and I both ended up having a snow day today, and we both managed to make it a fairly productive event. It wasn't as cold as it has been, so I was able to get the shop to a decent temperature, and finally get some much-needed shop time in. I still can't post any pics, although I did manage to finally get the Mac into the repair shop, but I finally finished a couple of commissions that have been hanging around, waiting very patiently, for an unforgiveably long time. Only a couple more to go... I'll post pics when I can, as I am very happy with one of them in particular.
In baby news this week, I am getting kicked all the time now. I think this might be one strong baby, with very long legs! It's definitely an odd feeling, but kind of comforting at the same time.

Jai got a little more work done on our room this week, and it's starting to really come together. Next up is a whole lot of mudding, and then the priming and painting. All the builiding is finished, so that was my main contribution. Next, for us, I have to finish building the couch I started ages ago, so that we will have somewhere to sit. I was looking at the Ikea web-site (always a risky thing to do) and found some really cool rugs that are meant to be for kids rooms, but that might just be perfect for our main living space.

I spent this weekend up in Halifax, getting a short visit in with family, and then photographing a wedding. It was super fun! I like getting to see people on their happy day, and I especially like getting a free gourmet meal :) I'm looking forward to seeing how the photos turned out, it was quite an extravagant wedding, by my standards, at least :)

Other than that, it has been life as usual for us this week. Jai has made us some of his amazing potato-leek soup for dinner, and my belly is grumbling! Talk to you soon - have an excellent week!

No comments: