Monday, February 23, 2009

Bonfires and Babies


Hello!  It's another snowy, blustery day here in Bridgetown.  I was thinking about it a couple of days ago, and realized that I haven't seen the grass since Christmas Day.  As always, it's really nice, as long as you don't have to go out in it.  The white ground sure bounces a lot of light into the house. 

 Our prenatal class was cancelled tonight, because of the weather, so we will go tomorrow instead.  Last week's class was good, and had six other couples from the Annapolis area who will have babies in the next couple of months.  We didn't know anyone, so that was kind of neat.  Speaking of babies...there's a new Smith in town!  Sarah and Derick had the baby this last Friday (the 20th.)  It's a little boy that they've named  Jonah Douglas Smith.  So, updated Bridgetown population: 973.

We made pretty good progress on our room this week.  Most of the painting is done, and now it's just some of the trim that still needs paint.  I will be so glad when this is finished, as it feels like every spare second is going into the renovations, and I haven't done any of the things that I want to be doing.  


Although... I did set up an on-line baby registry.  We've had people asking us what we want/need, and it was time to actually sit down and think about the answer to that question.  We have received a lot of second-hand items from friends and family, so we are pretty covered for a lot of the larger items, and we've got a TON of clothes - garbage-bags full.  Anyway, I found this site on-line called myregistry.com, where you can add items from any shop, so I've been working on that.  I really like it, because there's lots of things that I just don't want the Sears version of.  If people are going to go out and spend money on us for this baby, I'd like to end up with something that maybe supports our values, or at least will be nice enough to pass on to someone else when we're finished with it.  So I've been able to add stuff from some of the smaller internet stores, including Etsy, and to source out some more handmade toys and things.  Not that we're total purists or anything - I did visit the Ikea website as well :)  
So, if you would like to get us something that we want/need, hop on over to www.myregistry.com and type in Lauren Soloy, and the list will come up.  Add to that anything that is handmade (by the giver, or not) and the list will be complete.  Mostly, though, what we really want and need is Well Wishes, and Happy Thoughts! :)  


These shots are from the Bridgetown Winterfest Bonfire, which Jai braved the elements to photograph.  He even struggled through the snow to bring me back a warm hot chocolate :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great, Lauren! I'm so excited for you - and jealous! I wish I was doing it all again. If I can be any help, let me know. Lots of love, x rachel

Our Family said...

Yey! I'm so excited for you guys and to see pictures... you look great Lauren. Best wishes all around. Christie