Monday, June 04, 2012

A Moment to Catch Up

Hello!  What a busy time of year this is.  We are busy being outside, meeting up with friends and neighbours, preparing our little patch of Earth for fresh plants, and enjoying fresh air without winter coats.

  On top of all that, we are trying to establish more of a sleep routine for little Holly.  What with one or two twenty minute naps, and then being up every 45 minutes all night long, we were all feeling the burn of too little sleep.  Something had to be done.  Holly's bed moved from right beside ours to the next room over, and instantly she slept much better.  There you go - she's a light sleeper, and as far as I know, there's no such thing as baby earplugs.  Also, I am trying to put her down a little bit awake, and comforting (as opposed to nursing) her back to sleep, if it's been less than six hours.  Then, we try and make her nap every two hours, unless she has a longer nap.  So far, she has been responding like a champ! Go, Holly!  The fog is lifting!

I've done a couple of really fun photo shoots (see my photography site, if interested) and a Wedding Show.  The wedding show was a little slow, but I'm glad I went anyway.  I'm feeling torn this year, between doing as much as I can get, and remembering that Holly still needs me.  Such is the life of a parent.  Hopefully next year, I can really start to pick up the photography business.  For now, though, it is giving us a nice balance between small bits of work, and being home for the kids.

In other news...hmmm.... Griffin's fish, who started out as five, have now become nine.  No one else seems to think this is as cool as I do.  To me, this is way beyond neat.   The once-appropriately named "Belly" had four little babies, who managed to avoid the other fish long enough to survive on their own.  What?!?!  I had fish tanks as a kid, but never once did I have baby fish.  Seriously, it kind of blows my mind.  I know, no one's really with me on this.  Blows. my. mind.

What else?  Here's another photo catch-up:

GG and Griffin, doing puzzles:
 This photo of my Grandpa just captures him well, I think:
 And words can't express how much I love this photo:
 And this one:
 Yup, and this one:
 Oh, joy:
 Joy, joy, joy:
 These photos are of my grandparents, who came out for Griffin's birthday, all the way from Victoria, BC.  I'm so glad they did - it was wonderful for them to meet Holly, and for Griffin to see them again, in person.  Griffin and Graypa:
 And here's Griffin and Grandpa:
 Engaging in the time-honoured tradition of throwing rocks into the lake:
 Almost the same, in Black and White:
 And there's something about this photo that takes my breath away:
 And here we are, at the Halifax Public Gardens, seeing the Titanic!!!!!!!!!!!!:
 It's the Titanic!!!!!!!!!!!:
 It's not sinking:
 Oh well, here's a stick:


 And a hole - another time-honoured tradition:

 All right, I'm almost caught-up!





No comments: