Thursday, August 05, 2010

Summer in the City


Hello Again! I can't believe it's been a week already - we're already into August! We had an excellent August long weekend - we drove down to Halifax to spend it in the Big City, with my parents. And normally when we go to the city, I have a list of things I want to get done that can only happen in the city (a list of places I need to shop, in other words!) but this time there was no list. Instead, we spent more time visiting, and did all sorts of fun, free activities. We hung out at the new library that was put in about two blocks away from my parent's house. It had a gorgeous kids section, and Griffin had a blast in there. It made me really wish for our new library to hurry up and get finished already (drywall went in on Tuesday!)

And we spent tons of time at the beach. My parents live about fifteen minutes away from Rainbow Haven beach. It's beautiful and sandy and warm-ish (the water on the Atalantic side is a lot warmer than the Bay of Fundy side!) And it was FILLED with other kids doing the kinds of things kids do at the beach... sand castles, buckets, holes, waves... oh, Summer!

Sand is just SO FUN!

We went back to the beach a couple of times, but I found myself thinking I'd probably be there every day, if it was fifteen minutes away (instead of two hours!)

We also hung out at the playground by my parent's house, and Griffin went down the slide by himself for the first time. And there was a big family bbq to top it all off. Seriously big - I bet there were at least thirty people there - Errol's family is huge! And the whole three-and-a-half days we didn't spend a dime. Of course, it helps to have some generous family members to stay with. They even picked up some things for Griffin - a brand new (and very stylish) hat:

And some awesome new go-fasters, to maybe encourage him to take those first couple of steps. Modelled here by Paddington Bear:

All in all, it was an excellent weekend!


No comments: