Thursday, July 28, 2011

Here we are Again!


Hello! I thought I better sneak on here and write something, even though I suspect it's going to take me all day to get through it. We're all doing well here. Griffin and I spent a busy and fun week tootling around in Halifax last week. We visited the Natural History Museum, which was a little smaller than I was expecting, but pretty fun all the same. We spent a lot of time watching frogs watching us.

And, of course, we went to the beach. All of these photos were taken in Eastern Passage - my new favourite place. It was a busy week, with two weddings and a newborn shoot. Luckily Grandma and Grandpa were around a lot to help.

And while we were doing all that, Jai was busy working on Griffin's bedroom, when not at work. It needed some new wiring and a lot of wall and ceiling repairs (goodbye sparkly purple wallpaper!) It's about 90% finished now, and we've got a big Ikea order coming in this Sunday, so we can set it all up, and do the fun stuff soon. Griffin mostly likes it empty, because it has a great echo. He goes in there and just runs around in circles (it's not a very big room), and chirps. Chirp! Chirp! Chirp!

It's back to Halifax this weekend for more wedding madness. It's a little disruptive packing up and heading out every weekend, but we're halfway through now (four weddings completed of the eight-in-a-row) and I have to say I'm really enjoying the work. It's too bad I didn't figure out years and years ago how much fun wedding photography can be. And working with Emma Rose is a dream - she's really inspired me a lot. So I'm feeling pretty lucky about the whole thing.

Speaking of lucky, last night on our way home from the grocery store, we were driving past a field and I spotted three baby foxes playing in it. We turned around and parked the van, and just sat and watched them play. It was the neatest thing, they were having so much fun chasing each other around and pouncing on various things. Of course I didn't have my camera, but it doesn't matter so much. It was one of those moments you just have to appreciate while it's happening. And Griffin loved it just as much as we did, which made it even better. This morning, he was pretending his cars (oh, the ever-present cars!) were like baby foxes - "they're chasing each other around and around, Mommy!" Yes, Griffin, what fun.

No comments: