Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!


Hi! Geez, I practically dropped off the face of the planet there last week. We spent Thanksgiving with my parents in Halifax, which was great. We got to relax, picked up some treasures at VV, spent way too long in Chapters, ate delicious food, and enjoyed wonderful company. What more could you ask for in a Thanksgiving weekend? It was great.


The next day, however, was not so great. I didn't feel very well that night, but thought it might have something to do with a lack of sleep (Griffin spent Thanksgiving weekend growing some new teeth.) Tuesday I was in agony. We ended up driving up to the hospital when Jai got home from work, and after a 3-1/2 hour wait, I was diagnosed with a kidney infection. Huh. Not great timing, because the other thing that happened this week was I started a new job doing Programming at the Library. Anyway, last week was a bit of a struggle, but here we are at the other end - a little bruised, a little battered, but for the most part all in one piece.

Of course, I'm totally suffering Mother's guilt for leaving Griffin while I go off to work. Last night he kept waking up and screaming, "Mommy!! Mommy!!" and I would go in and hug him and lay him back down and rub his back, and he would go back to sleep, but then 15 seconds later wake up screaming "Mommy!! Mommy!! Bye Bye!!! Mommy!" It was a little bit heartbreaking. Today, we spent the whole day together, and loved every second of it.

Every last second!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi Bear, I hope you are feeling better now! I love the pictures - I really, really love the one with me, Griffin and the blurry Kaslo - she was very keen to get in on the picture! Take care! XOXO Mom/Grandma (when did my hair get so...pewter-ish!!)