Saturday, November 03, 2007

Blustery Day

Just completed, Songbird Marquetry Cabinets:

Hello again,
I'm writing now, because by all accounts it's about to be a very blustery day here in the Valley. They're calling for "Tropical Storm Noel" to hit here later this afternoon. We were just out helping our neighbour pull in her canoe, and Jai patched the leak in the shop roof yesterday. We're very glad we got our woodstove before any big power outages!! We'll be nice and cozy here now, as long as the roof doesn't blow off! I don't actually think it's going to be all that bad, but you should hear the way they're talking on the CBC!


We had a very nice Halloween here this year. We had our friends Brandon and Jo over for some Nachos and pumpking carving. And Jai dressed up very spookily, but wasn't quite able to make any kids cry this year. We could never beat our friend Jim anyway, he has kids so terrified, some of them won't even go near his house. The kid count was up this year, but still much lower that it is on "the main drag" where they get easily 150 kids. We were at about 20.

We're still busy trying to get ready for the Christmas show. Anyone who reads this and lives in Nova Scotia - we are fully expecting you to show up! You don't have to shop, but we'd love to see you out - Nov 16-18 at Acadia University.

We got our postcards delivered yesterday, and they came out really nice. I'm so glad I was able to get that done before the show. It's been on my "To Do" list for about four months now - it feels good to check it off!

If anyone wants one mailed to them, just send me a note, and I'll be happy to send you as many as you want.
Jai's been turning tops every spare second, and I think we're starting to get a handle on the booth set-up. My friend Carolyn called us up the other day - she is doing the Dalplex show in Halifax the weekend after Acadia, and we were laughing because somehow, completely independantly of each other, we have come up with the exact same booth layout.

Anyway, I think that's pretty much all of our news for now. We'll keep you posted!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there! the songbird cabinets look great! Please send me a stack of cards and I'll distribute them on this side of the country. Glad to hear that you weren't affected by post tropical storm Noel - Halifax sounds like it was a bit breezy to say the least. Take care! XOXOXO Mom/Joc

Our Family said...

Hey guys, looking good! I hope you didn't get too blown around over there. I love the postcards!
Hugs, Christie

Anonymous said...

Hi our there:
Happy to hear the storm was not too bad for you. Don't forget to send me some card, would be happy to distribute here. Love the cabinets, they are gorgeous. By the way, have you received the presentation wand bags yet? Dad is still up north so am home getting some thing done for Christmas. Good luck at the show next weekend. Love Mom.

Anonymous said...

Hello! Just a quick note to say first, I love the stove, and second that the bowl you made was well loved by the recipient so thanks! She was thrilled to have something from our island. Enjoy the cozy season!

x rachel

Anonymous said...

The Sez may be doing a one night show in Vic on Dec 20 to pay homage to the closing of Steamers Pub (closing after Dec 31). Brendon from BigBuff days will be attempting to fill your shoes. Wish you could be a part of it. Miss you a ton man, looks like you are doing great. All the best to you both. Oh also, Ida and I are engaged. Marriage to follow! (to me that is funny put that way).